Law Group

Click Here To Send Us A Question

> You may be eligible to apply for adjustment to permanent resident status if you are already in the United States and if one or more of the following categories apply to you.

> You are the spouse, parent, unmarried child under age 21, the unmarried son or daughter over age 21, the married son or daughter, or the brother or sister of a United States citizen and have a visa petition approved in your behalf.

> You are the spouse or unmarried son or daughter of any age of a lawful permanent resident and you have a family-based visa petition approved in your behalf.

> You are an alien who has an approved visa petition filed in your behalf by a United States employer.

> You were a fiancé who was admitted to the United States on a K-1 visa and then married the U.S. citizen who applied for the K-1 visa for you.

> You are an asylee or refugee who has been in the United States for at least a year after being given asylum or refugee status.

> You received notice from the Department of State that you have won a visa in the Diversity Visa Lottery. We encourage you to speak with a green card lawyer today.

> You are a Cuban citizen or native who has been in the U.S. for at least a year after being inspected, admitted, or paroled into the United States.

> You have been a continuous resident of the United States since before January 1, 1972 .

> Your parent became a lawful permanent resident after you were born. You may be eligible to receive following-to-join benefits if you are the unmarried child under age 21 of the lawful permanent resident.

> Your spouse became a lawful permanent resident after you were married.

Who Should Renew a Permanent Resident Card?

You should renew your permanent resident card if you are a permanent resident who was issued a Form I-551 valid for ten years, and that card is either expired or will expire within the next six months.

Please note: If you are a Conditional Resident and your status is expiring, these instructions do not pertain to you. You are to use Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) to apply to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status.

Checklist for Green Card Eligibility

Getting Visas and Green Cards Through Your U.S. Embassy

We can help if you are in another country and want to apply for a visa or green card in the U.S. embassy of that country. We will explain the process, complete the paperwork and applications, and contact the consular officers for approval of your application. We will provide you with realistic expectations about the results you may receive. Our fast and courteous service will go a long way in helping you get the visa or green card that you want.

Green Cards


Green Card Information

Green Cards are issued to permanent residents who have been granted authorization to permanently live and work in the United States. Permanent residents are issued a green card (Form I-551) as evidence of that lawful immigration status. Most individuals are sponsored by a US citizen or permanent resident family member. Others are sponsored by an employer in the United States. but their are a variety of other ways people obtain lawful permanent residence, for instance, through refugee or asylee status, humanitarian programs or by self petitioning.