Law Group

Because we are well-versed in the procedures governing applications at consulates and embassies, we can often help if you have been denied a visa or green card. We will work with you to seek a waiver or offer proof that the visa should be granted. When necessary, our attorneys may travel to foreign embassies and consulates to work directly with immigration officials on problematic situations.

​If your application for a renewal of your permanent resident card is denied, you will receive a letter that will tell you why the application was denied. You will not be allowed to appeal a negative decision. However, you may submit a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider with the same office that made the unfavorable decision. By filing such a motion, you may ask the USCIS office to reexamine or reconsider its decision. A motion to reopen must state the new facts that are to be provided in the reopened proceeding and must be accompanied by the appropriate documentary evidence. A motion to reconsider must establish that the decision to deny your application was based on an incorrect application of law or Immigration policy, and further establish that the decision was incorrect, based on the evidence in the file at the time the decision was made.

It is very important to remember that it is possible inadvertently abandon your green card status by remaining outside the U.S. for extended periods of time. In general, if you plan to be outside the United States for six months or longer you should consult with an immigration attorney about maintaining your green card status before departing.



Click Here To Send Us A Question